Sunday 19 June 2011

My Dreamland , My Homeland


My Pandit kin I have a dream
a slice of land as my homeland
in emerald vale and enchanting Kasheer

Free of prejudice, malice and rancour
ever verdant beautiful and charming
its hills, dales, waterfalls and brooks
with Vitasta flowing a celestial course
owing its source in holy Verinag

By birth and descent I am a native of this holy land
I shall return to the homeland with kin and all
recharge its culture and tryst with its past

An irony holds me and kin in exile,
no more so calls a celestial siren
its contours and boundaries shall be redrawn
its religion shall be profound humanism
its denizens shall care for the well being of all
no bigotry and bullying in labyrinth of its lanes and bye lanes
no changes in its history or its past,
May Almighty bless this land, exiles and all

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful...brought a tear to the eye!

    ReplyDelete